Hey, Trip, a B&W picture for you

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Take a look at this. It's a great example of the power of a B&W photograph. At least in my estimation anyway.

You may have to click on the image to get it expand to full size. Just another example of the image quality to be had from the Sigma SD14.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Kewl. I have to admit that city scenes, especially related to film noir are my favorite. This is an example. Just for giggles, I chose a scene from London:

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I like a lot of the old B&W movies from that era. There's something to them that a modern movie just can't duplicate.

My tastes in photography, however, run more to landscapes, macro photography, and generally, all things to do with nature. I'm not a huge B&W photo fan, although one my favorite photos of my own was a B&W photo I took as a 4th grader for a photography course back then. I don't know if it was just because it was one of my first, or what. I've just always thought that picture was one of the better ones I've ever taken. Don't know what that says about my photography skills though.... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1