Hey everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Tintukas, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Tintukas

Tintukas New Member

Hello,

this is my first post and my english isn't my first language, so please bare with me if i make any mistakes :)

I came to UK just about 3 months ago and began searching for a job in IT sector. I've been working in my home country for 9 years in IT, from computer salesman, LAN and Internet providing, to supporting home and bussiness users and administrating servers.

I got my first (and only atm) certification on Microsoft exam 282 (Designing, Deploying and Managing a Network Solution for the Small and Medium-sized Business) which helped me a lot in getting a better job in my country.

When i first came to UK, i didn't even realise that certifications matter so much for employers, and to get at least an entry level job in UK's IT sector, you must be at least an MSCA or better MSCE...

So i did what everyone in think would have done... i got my CV up and ready, and began searching for an IT JOB.
    Sent hundreds of emails, and filled in hundreds of applications. Got some asnwers, that i'm not quallified enough, or that the possition has already been filled. Well... i haven't given up and i;m trying.

I'm really glad i found this forum it helped me not to get caught with DYNAMICS IT Academy. 4 pages of ppl telling that it's a scam really must get everyone to trust they are scamming :) Also every story told was the same as i have experianced when being interwied by them.

So thank you guys for being here and for helping

Hope to be at least somehow usefull for this community.

sincerely yours,
    Tintukas

p.s. Microsoft exams in my country cost only 45 pounds, so i got really frustrated when i saw the price of 88 per one.

2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi Tintukas,

Welcome to CF! 8)

I have seen a number of adverts recently asking for MCSA's/ CCNA's for 1st line roles - it's a shame because it is obvious that the person advertising the role has no idea as to what these qualifications entail and what it means to have completed these tracks - as you do not need MCSA skills for a 1st line role. I guess it's a way of trying to keep the number of applications down for a role. :dry

Keep plugging away at applying for jobs - look at doing the A+, N+ or MCDST to start with. Along with your 9 years experience this should help you break in to the IT market here.

Good luck for the future,
    Crazy Horse

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

welcome to CF :biggrin

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP