Helpdesk Systems

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Feb 26, 2015.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hey all

Just after a few pointers really.

We currently have a helpdesk system set up, and obviously we record all our jobs on this and produce a report at the end of the month to show what we have done etc.

We currently do the tickets ourselves which can take time, so I am looking to simplify the procedure to make getting to the topic were after, easier. What I mean by that is when I have a simple password reset, I can do that via a default template. I think I am looking for a way to accurately record the details, but getting to the right section quickly

I think we should start off with what I think to be the first 2 categories that we should always start with, which is hardware and software and then work from there, and also Im thinking of putting in a category called either extras or non-networkservices, as we do get dragged from pillar to post at times, however when the report is produced, it wont show this etc.

Suppose what I am asking is what sort of framework/setup do you people use when logging and recording jobs?? I know in the future we will be rolling this out to all staff, at the moment it is currently contained to our dept.

Thanks fro any advice

ZX

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Our service desk use Service Now

Good system with lots of customization possible, and tons of different workflows available.

At the moment it's all logged by IT service desk folk, but i think self service is being looked at too (Makes sense)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

We are another Service-Now house, it's not cheap but it works.

Another solution to look at could be SpiceWorks

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA