help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Crocodile, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Crocodile

Crocodile New Member

I'm a business analyst and am thinking of getting my foot into the IT world by taking MCSD distant learning course through ITSKILLS. Does any have any experince of these guys?

£3750 is a lot of dough............

I have had exposure to sql etc but no real IT experience myself. I was thinking that good looks and a smart dress sense would see me through but it seems that isnt enough......

anyways, any comments would be really welcome!!

WIP: MCSD
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, I was wondering if you have been expose to SQL already, have you not considered the MCDBA qualification or the MCTS qualification. I only suggest this as Microsoft certs are not only theory but also practical (you need both to pass the exams), and as you already have experience in this field, you may find this an easier route for you (unless you have experience in programming with Visual Basic .net & C .Net).

If you do decide to do the MCTS SQL 2005 course/exam, Microsoft is currently offering free e-learning courses here .

It's only a thought though.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

my brother did CIW with them some time ago. He was very pleased with the course in general and has recommended them to others.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Crocodile, your post here is almost identical to the one you posted in the New Members Introduction forum Here. It's not necessary to ask a question in more than one forum. Word to the wise. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Crocodile

Crocodile New Member

Thanks for the responses guys. Food for thought.

as a realistic pointer how easy will it be to enter the IT world?

As i've said I have exposure to IT project as I have worked on a Systems Integration project for the last 4 years. What would be my salary expectations if I passed the MCSD? I am currently on £23k.

Thanks in anticipation.

WIP: MCSD
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's a tough one.
    There is not 'set' salary for an MCSD let alone anything else.
    Most places you'll see 'earn up to...' which obviously includes 'less than'.
    Average wages are usually quoted by Computer Weekly, but if it's any help, when I filled out their salary questionaire last year I lied through my teeth to make myself feel more important.

It really comes down to who you work for and what you end up doing...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD