Help with Permissions

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by CMOS, Jul 23, 2008.

1. CMOS

CMOS New Member

I'm looking to take 70-271 the next week or two and feel pretty good with exception of permissions(local policy, group policy, shares, NTFS permissions, etc...) and I was wondering if anyone might know a good site that explains them clearly?

Thanks.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: N+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure if Group Policy is covered on the DST.

Some links which may help.

Local Security Policy

NTFS

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. CMOS

CMOS New Member

Some sample questions I have seen involved group policies so I thought I should brush up.

Thank you for the links! 8)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: N+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Hi,

Not sure where you got the questions from, but no mention on the objectives.

Good luck anyhow!

Simon

5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

It is mentioned on 272, and is on the mspress books for 271, so i reckon as long as you are aware on the concepts and how this works, you should be fine.

6. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd imagine GPOs will be under the Configuring and Troubleshooting the desktop environments objectives , where it mentions troubleshooting security policy, and RSoP.

I took my 271 and 272 recently, and was glad I had read up on GPOs and permissions.

7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

thanks for the correction! don't recall gpo stuff on mine, but it was while ago. :morebeer

Simon

8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Same here, I don't recall and GPO questions on my exam either. Maybe they added that stuff recently or maybe it's been there for a while and I just never got any questions on it.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA