Help With MCITP Windows 7 (70-685) :(

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by rejaz, Feb 2, 2012.

1. rejaz

rejaz New Member

I’m going to be taking the MCITP Windows (70-685) exam in a few months’ time, I just wanted to know what resources are best to use to pass this exam!, Is the book sybex have the material needed to pass and if you know a better book that you used to pass link me to it please. Please help I heard this exams going to be really tough and I have already passed (70-680) , HELP!:(

WIP: MCITP (70-685), CompTIA Security +, CompTIA Network +, ITIL, CCNA
  2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

1. Labs
    2. MS Press Book

3. Let me google that for you

Enjoy 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. rejaz

rejaz New Member

Is the sybex book good to use for this exam?, have you passed it?

4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Personally I thought the Sybex 70-680 book was awful.
    For that reason I wouldn't buy the 685 book.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. rejaz

rejaz New Member

what book would you reccomend I should use for this exam then?

6. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

I used the Sybex book, but found it difficult as a resource due to it stating that it covered both '685 & 686' but failed to show where the distinction was between the two within the text.
    I felt that there was some overlap from the 680 material (especially the Trainsignal vids) but also used the CBT nuggets vids for 685.
    I'd suggest the MS Press Book (eventhough I did not use it) as the text within it shouldn't be too wide of the mark and the exam prep given with it on the CD should help you get prepared for the question-style. As has been mentioned before, this MCITP exam utilises large 'scenario' questions.

HTH.

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  7. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I wouldn't really like to recommend anything because I haven't taken the exam yet so I don't know how good my study sources are.
    I pretty much stick to MSPress + a.n.other for MS exams.

8. rejaz

rejaz New Member

RichyV - Alright I will get the MS Press Book for MCITP 70-685!, where could i find the CBT Nuggets for MCITP?, Thankyou for that :), Is the exam hard in your opinion?

soundian - Good call and thanks for your opinion anyway I will take it into account :)

9. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

There does seem to be an overlap in the exam. Both sets of practice exams I have cover deployment questions, but they don't go cover deployment in the associated texts.

10. rejaz

rejaz New Member

Even Still its hard to say what resources are needed to pass this exam, I think overally the MS Press book is the book, im going to get some more opinions then make my decision

11. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

CBT Nuggets

Not cheap, I know, but certainly invaluable. The money I save by using self-study, I utilise by buying the best study material.
    I learn much faster from videos (although I'd always have some form of written material too) and having twin monitors - I run the vids on one whilst going through the labs on a VM on the other. Personally I'd feel much less confident of a pass without some video material to refer to.
    Yes, I think the 70-685 is quite difficult, but with your pass in 680 already and good, sound study I'd say that you should have no fear of it.

HTH.

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...