Help Wanted for Secret Project (Oooo)

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Phoenix, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Just looking for some people good with a keyboard, preferably ones currently studying a microsoft cert/comptia cert to help with a little project im working on, on a voluntary basis ofcourse, no time commitment requirements or anything, i just need a hand to get it off the ground :)

theres a bit of a learning curve, but mostly it will involve some typing, so those with a bit of spare time would be best suited, basic html skills are usefull but not required

shouldnt be a secret for much longer, gmail me for more info/ if your interested

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Oooooo [​IMG]

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome to...the Inner Sanctum. BRRUUUAAHAHAHAHA (evil laugh):evil

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

No takers for my secret project for world cert domination?
    bummer :/
    its definatly not a two man show this one, lol

5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

what is it?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Well now that you have my curiosity, I may send you an email......just as long as your "project" won't interfere with playing WoW. :D

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well,.....it's.....um,......a secret.:oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Ok the lids off
    I realised over time that the nature of this project requires a large community following, hell thats the nature of the project its based on! and it turns out it is really a requirement ;)

I have begun work on a Certification Wiki project, I checked the net, and found nothing of its sort, although I found one dedicated to a java certification, some dedicated to security, and one dedicated to gentoo (i use that one alot) it inspired me to start my own, IT certification is a broad and ever changing subject, one which I feel would benefit greatly from a permenant resource pool that can be ever updated by those actually undertaking said certifications

The aim was eventaully to get a level of information and detail on there that a user may not need more than a bit of hands on practice and some practice tests after reading through a vast array of articles in the wiki

anyway its hard to explain, its in its infancy and is very bare at the moment, and not very organised, its a complex beast, and I could use a few spare hands :)

point your browser to http://www.cert-wiki.co.uk
    I used the 70-290 as a sort of base as I am studying for that at the moment, but its still very bare, you can get the idea though

Thoughts welcome
    volunteers more welcome :)
    Go have a looksy

9. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

A great idea, if you need any help with graphics or the like give me a shout. Also it was painfully slow for me, not sure if thats just me though.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  10. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

its currently running on my dsl line and at night i generally pump up my torrent uploads to 90% avaialble upload BW, thus leaving me very little, this will change :)

11. sneezie

sneezie Nibble Poster

That's a brilliant idea :D Well done for coming up with such a great idea!

The site looks great.

If you need any help, let me know. Btw, I'm studying for the MCAD, so if you need someone to write the content for that cert, I dun mind helping.

Certifications: Degree
    WIP: MCAD in vb.net
  12. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

thansk for the support Sneezie
    any help appreciated
    I'm trying to do it in a manner in which not everything is on one page, so other pages depending on such and such can link to and from it

ie, 7-290 talks about dynamic and simple disks, but for full info on this it links to dynamic disks, as they may come up somewhere else, such as 70-270

fire up an account and play around in the sandbox, ill just quickly make it and throw up a link lol
    dotn worry play aroudn with formatting and such there, you can find more info at the mediawiki user guide here
    http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents

play around in the sandbox @ http://www.cert-wiki.co.uk/index.php/Sandbox

you will find it as a blank page to start with :) edit it, throw in some tags, just playaround and learn the formatting

the formatting is not important, as editors can tidy up anybodys work, so if you just want to write something, feel free to :)

Si, graphcis and the such would be great! mediawiki is not very graphical, but a Logo would be nice, I'll PM you dimensions, there are alot of changes to the way skins and stuff operate in 1.5, im still on 1.4.9 though, but I will let you know if anything else is needed, thanks :)

Sorry for the speed problems, as I said, its currently on my home DSL connection, and good old british broadband dictates an upload speed of 256kb :/

13. MILLWALLFC

MILLWALLFC Bit Poster

Wow looks like that is going to be a very good site once it has time to build up all the information. Will it stay free ?

14. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Ofcourse
    its a community project, the more people who help, the more info it has, and it will always remain free

15. sneezie

sneezie Nibble Poster

cool :biggrin

I have a play around with this when I get some free time :thumbleft

It's gona be a great project :D

Certifications: Degree
    WIP: MCAD in vb.net