Help Ubuntu smash bugs

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Oct 19, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Help Ubuntu smash bugs!

If you ever planned to get involved anywhere in the Ubuntu world, bug triage is definitely a good place to start. Now is the best time to get into Ubuntu development as well. We just released Breezy and we're all working on getting our desks clean and plan what to for Dapper. Apart from all that, doing bug triage is a most valuable contribution to Ubuntu, since this is direct contact with our users and it gives a direction where our development process should point. Everybody does bug triage these days, but the big teams (the Desktop team, the Kubuntu team and the MOTUs) will be there and help you getting into it. If you join #ubuntu-bugs you'll find the most active bug squashers and Ubugtu (our bug bot) already there. In our teams you'll find people that are happy to help you out and maybe you even consider to join one of them.

To read more, click Here

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Boycie
      Boycie
      Oh, i wish i was in a position to de-bug. I like Ubuntu so much i wish i could help in any way,
    2. ffreeloader
      ffreeloader
      Study up on it. Write an email to the developers and explain who you are, how much you know, that you like the distro, and that you'd like to help in any way you can. You might be surprised. Someone might just help you learn how to debug things.

I modified one of the scripts I found in the Advanced Bash Scripting Guide and emailed the author with my revisions explaining how they worked. He actually answered the email, so you never know....
    3. Boycie
      Boycie
      thanks freddie, i will do just that. :)