HELP Prometric "no show" problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Davej, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Davej

Davej New Member

Hi all im new to the forums, if anyone could please help me out or give me some advice on how to sort out my problem i would greatly appreciate it..

anywho let me get to the problem, about a month and a half ago i took my 70-291... since then i have taken my 70-293 i recently checked my status on prometric and it has my as a "no show" for the 70-291 exam even though i did take it and pass, i have tried phoning the test centre, prometric help line and even went to the test centre and they said they would send out a couple emails to microsoft. its been about a week now and my status has not changed, i have got proof that i took the exam, cause i still have my exam certificate .. anyways.. if anyone could give me some advice on how to sort out the problem i would greatly appreciate it.. thanks..

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What does Microsoft show?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Davej

Davej New Member

Well on my transcript the exam is missing.. so both microsoft and prometric seem to think i have not done this exam.. i really dont know what to do.. :(

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Make sure you keep the exam certificate.

Perhaps call the test centre and chase them up, after all they are the first step in processing the exam after you take it are they not?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Davej

Davej New Member

Ya good point, writing my 70-297 tomorrow so after i take my exam im pretty much just going to sit in the test centre until they sort it out haha :D

6. Sparky

Good idea, you are paying them after all.

Besr of luck with the 70-297. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  7. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

No shows reports are entered manually by the test centre staff, they are then uploaded at the end of the day with the days exam results via an application called Pulse, this also downloads the next days tests.

Sounds like they put your name down by mistake, how long ago did you take the exam? Each test centre is required to keep their documentation for 6 months, if it was within that period they should still have the sign in log sheet where you booked in to the test centre as well as the candidate rules agreement you would have signed, get copies of them.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  8. Davej

Davej New Member

Oh i see.. i knew it must of been an error on the test centre side. i took the exam about 3 weeks ago, well i will check up on all the above tomorrow.. do you think they could just edit my prometric account and change it to a pass? or is it going to be a long mission to sort this out.. i hope they dont make me retake it.. cause just the thought of doing that exam again makes me feel a little sick haha

9. Sparky

Stick to your guns mate, you passed the exam so they have to get the finger out and sort the problem.

10. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

The test centre will not be able to edit your account to a pass, but it is possible at Prometric themselves.

Give candidate care a call on 0800592873. Alternatively you may be better going straight to Results management on 07980977272, a copy of old results files are held on the local testing centre server and results management can extract these if needed.

Before you do any of this though, have the local testing centre open a ticket with Prometric help, let them do the running, it's their mistake. As I said there will be evidence of your attendance that day if they just check the sign in log sheet.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.