help me please!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by ThomasTheCrazyFool, Jun 19, 2006.

1. ThomasTheCrazyFool

ThomasTheCrazyFool Bit Poster

hello, i am studying for my mcdst and now i hav decided to take my a+ after that, i do not have any previous IT experience.

i was just going to carry on with my part-time job that has nothing to do with IT and try looking for an IT carrer after finishing the MCDST and A+ certs but after looking around it seems that experience is just as important as certs.

i then thought that getting an IT job after finishing 70-271 wud be the best thing to do and get my other certs at the same time.

the problem i have though is will anybody give an IT job to a 17 year old MCP that has no experience with IT before that can only travel very local or on the train to manchester city centre, if they will what do you suggest i do to try and get a job (look myself, agencies etc)

for anybody replying thanks alot in advance
    for any1 who bothered 2 read this sorry for its length

WIP: MCP Then MCDST
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Modern Apprenticeship. At 17 you're the perfect age for one. Your Job Centre should be able to help you. 8)

3. ThomasTheCrazyFool

thanks that seems like a very good idea, i looked into apprenticeships not long ago but i couldnt find any infromation about IT ones, ill have a look again, thanks alot for your help

4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

hi mate - mod apprentices courses quickly get filled up for IT courses, you can try voluntary jobs, if you are able to, as this will look really good for someone your age trying to break into the sector...

You can also go to those career advisory places that your school should have given you when you left aswell, they should help aswell...

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i did a trainee job for 3 months when i was 17... was great fun! look into!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. ThomasTheCrazyFool

thanks zimbo whats one of them and how do i go about looking at them