Help! Email Problem?

Discussion in 'Software' started by nXPLOSi, Jan 31, 2008.

1. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Hi Guys,

For some reason, in the last half an hour I keep getting this message come up when trying to send external emails...

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Attention: Non-Delivery Report
    -----------------------------------------------------------

This report is generated by the email server at:

xxx.co.uk

The message with subject:

"Disconnection Results for A/C :170xxxxxx"

and attached to this report was not delivered to
    the following recipients:

Address: [email protected]
    Reason: Verification failed for <[email protected]> (550)
    --------------

Although when re-sending, they *seem* to go through the second time... im really lost to where to even start and would appreciate any help/guidance.

Cheers

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Does this help?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I did see that when I searched, and kind of disregarded it due to the fact this exact setup has been working perfectly fine since I started here... We have made no changes to any hostnames etc..?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Anybody mess with any of your DNS records?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Only people with access to servers etc is me and the other guy in IT, who's off sick. This is whats strange, nothing has been altered at all. I think the first step in the morning will be a reboot and see if it helps... :(

7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Right, I woke up this morning ready to tackle this problem, got into the office and monitored it for an hour or so, and... nothing. Its no longer occuring, all outgoing emails are fine. Its now 12.36 and still, nothing.

Although im glad the problem is not longer happening, but annoying not to know what was actually happening and why..... :(