Help and Support Center problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tripwire45, May 4, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

One of our lab machines is misbehaving. We've got a Compaq (yes, I know...) 8000T that we're testing. The MS Help and Support center (actually, it says "Compaq) needs to run a memory test. I go to PC Information and Maintenance > PC Tests > Memory Test and click Run. I get an error message:

"Exception in DisplayRunMap.runMap: File or assembly name pchealthplugin, or one of its dependencies, was not found."

I click Ok and a blue line runs quickly across the test display screen. Of course, no test actually runs. Same with any of the other tests. I thought it might be HP's network security pulling a fast one or something in one of the profiles. I've logged onto the network as myself, logged onto the local machine as administrator, even unplugged the machine from the network. The result is always the same. Yesterday, we downloaded an update for Help and Support but it made no difference at all.

It's not super critical to the test but I like everything to work. Anybody have any ideas?

Certifications: A+ and Network+