Hellow 2 one and all From LONDON ,Need Some INFO ...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by bza999, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bza999

bza999 New Member

Hi to one and all...

I need some information regarding :

* Windows - 70680 and 70685 Exams. Where should i register for these exams , books to study and how much will be the cost of the each exam ? Also please provide me information regarding Pass percentage and what if failed the exam ..?

* Also i need information for A+ certification , where should i pay my exam fee and what is the cost of the exam..

Sorry for many questions at a time ..

Thanks in advance

Regards
    BZA

2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi bza999,

Welcome to CF!

The CompTia A+ certification exams can be taken through any Pearson Testing Centre Computer-Based Testing Provider for Certification and Licensure Exams: Pearson VUE. You will need to register with them 1st and find a testing centre closest to you. I believe each of the exams (220-701 & 220-702) cost around £114 each but you can buy discount vouchers to get them cheaper.

With the Microsoft exams I cannot help you with them, but there are loads of people in this Forum who would Oblige.

Regards

Rob

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. bza999

bza999 New Member

Hi ROb...thanks for your reply. Can we give both (220-701 & 220-702) exams same time ..? what would be the EXAM time and format..? for each one.

Thanks regards
    BZA

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Each of the exams can be taken on the same day if there is availability and if your confident in taking both on the same day.

The Essentials exam consists of 100 questions with a pass score of 675 out of 900 (scale 100-900)

The Practical exam consists of 100 questions with a pass score of 700 out of 900.

Also they are multiple choice questions i believe.

Regards

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF!

The exams are taken through a Prometric testing centre; see here: Prometric for exam centres in your area.
    The Microsoft 70-680 & 70-685 exams represent the MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician -Windows 7.

Each exam will currently cost £99 in the UK, but you can get 15% off this price by using a voucher contained in an MS Press Book on the subjects.
    Also, at times, Microsoft themselves offer 'Exam Packs' that offer 15% off AND a free resit (if needed), but for this you must pay for 2-5 exams at the same time.
    There are currently no offers available, but keep an eye on the Microsoft Learning site - this will also explain the re-sit policy for a failed exam:

Microsoft learning

No idea of the pass %-rate I'm afraid, as I don't think MS provide this anywhere but they are not easy and certainly harder than the 'old' MCDST that it has 'sort-of' replaced.

HTH :)

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  6. bza999

bza999 New Member

Hi Richy ...

Thanx for your reply. The information is very useful.

Thanks & Regards
    BZA