Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by XL426, Dec 27, 2015.

1. XL426

XL426 New Member

Hi all,

I'm now attempting a serious effort to complete the MCSA on Windows Server 2012 R2, with a long term goal of doing the two further exams to attain MCSE certification. I'm getting slightly nervous about it, what with the release of Server 2016 just around the corner will probably result in the accelerated retirement of my current track.

A bit about me - I've been in the IT world professionally for about 8 years and work as a consultant for a small IT firm working mainly within the SME space. Find it quite hard to find time to study as well as family + day job life, but doing what I can, when I can. Live near London, UK and have a Computer Science BSc.

I passed the 74-409 exam last year and got my MCP number, but now hoping to take things further. Also looking to do CCNA/CCNP.

I've just signed up to the Pluralsight 6 month free subscription, which is fantastic!

Cheers,

Jamie

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi, welcome to CF!

3. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF Jamie!

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

TBH vendors tend to keep the certifications going for a while after the newer product get's released, after all no one upgrades to the latest version straight away.

Carry on studying for the 2012 certs and you should be find for a while yet.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA