Hello :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Gamble1, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Gamble1

Gamble1 New Member

Hello my name is Sam and i am from Nottinghamshire.

I have joined this forum for help on what path to take.

At college i studied city and guilds, and now i am looking onto moving down the a+ route, and get a job in a call center or some thing, just to build up my confidence in the IT world, and then eventually in many years i would like to become a network consultant :)

So what certs should i look at doing?

Thanks Sam

WIP: A+
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF Sam :)

You're right in going onto the A+ route, then after that an N+ would be a good follow on course, don't wait to pass your A+ before going for work - if you've got some basic knowledge after going to college, get out applying for jobs now, but make sure any potential employers know your studying for your A+.

Unfortunately getting your foot in the IT door can fairly difficult right now, and experience counts for alot - so try and land that first role as soon as you can and get some experience under your belt :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Apexes advice is sound. The only other thing I would add is to look for jobs with an emphasis on customer service in the meantime. Entry level jobs are often more about how you can interact with customers than your techie skills. Proven cust service skills will count for a lot when going for 1st line/helpdesk roles.
    As one of my previous bosses put it: I don't want techs, I can teach people that, I want people that can deliver quality service.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA