Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Stein, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Stein

Stein New Member

Hi everyone, found this site whilst searching for information on getting into an IT career. From what i've read so far some really good and helpful advice.

Currently working in retail as Fresh Food Manager for nearly 10 years but have decided(finally) to look at doing something that i would really enjoy.Have taken advice from many of this forums members and have ordered reading material on CompTIA A+ and Network+ to study from. Also put some feelers out from various contacts I have at getting some voluntary experience in IT departments in my limited spare time .

Not sure whether I should be applying for jobs(am realistic) now or after some study/exams but feel I can look forward to plenty of advice on this forum whilst persuing A+ and Network +.

2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi Stein welcome to CF i'm also studying towards my A+, N+. This is a excellent site for information everyone is friendly on here and will help in anyway they can. Can I just add try www.proffessormessor.com this is a very useful site when doing your A/N+. On his Website you can watch videos relating to different sections of the A+. I use this site quite a bit to help me towards my A+

Regards

Rob

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Howdy! You can sign up for Professor Messer's one question per day email to help keep you sharp. I suggest you also look at ProProfs.com for lots of good stuff too! Good luck on the studies. I'm working on Network+ at the moment.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

I'd recommend looking for jobs now, while you're studying for your certifications. Most entry-level jobs don't require certifications. However, certifications can make your CV stand out to an employer, giving you an advantage over your competition.

So... start applying now. As you get certifications, add them to your CV and start on the next. Keep at it until you get the A+, Network+, and MCDST... but no farther until you get some real-world IT experience under your belt.

Again, welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome and good luck with the studies:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!