Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jamesm, May 19, 2010.

1. jamesm

jamesm New Member

Hello! I'm studying for my CCNA. I attended two CCNA (ICND1 & ICND2) courses in April and am now awaiting my first exam. I'm aiming to sit the ICND1 (part 1) exam within the next few weeks.

After doing the two courses consecutively I felt pretty confident in the knowledge I had learnt in ICND1, but I think I still have some way to go before I could sit the second exam, or the full-syllabus exam in one sitting.

I've found a lot of useful information and advice on this website already (only joined yesterday), and I'll be sure to try and contribute, but not make a tool of myself all the time . Ha ha.

I have worked in IT for 5 years, and been a systems administrator for 1 1/2 years. Previously I have worked in a finance team, as a software testing, and in a 'new business' development role. In my current job, I enjoy the physically active active side of the work and the variety (using windows, unix and other technologies), but I'm not a great fan of desk-work. As a result I'm usually fidgeting, eating, or moving servers around. And if something heavy needs shifting, the other guys generally ask me to do it. Lazy gits!

Cheers!

WIP: CCNA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!