Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by LordMoolyBap, Mar 6, 2009.

1. LordMoolyBap

LordMoolyBap Nibble Poster

Hi

Just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself.
    I work as Programmer in Notts, we do web stuff and handheld work for Stock Management systems ect..
    We use VB.NET and C# and are just implementing a new Project using ASP.NET MVC which is great fun.

Been working in IT for number of years although have often got involved in different things such as CAD, Estimating and R&D. I didn't really have any quals so did a HNC in computing and just about to finish the top up to HND this year.

I have student membership with the BCS and would like to become a full member and attain IEng in the future along with sorting out some Microsoft Certs as well.

Thanks!
    Dom 8)

Certifications: HND (Comp) MBCS
    WIP: Msc Intelligent Systems
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Any reason why you want to go down the Engineering route (IEng) rather than the IT Professional route (CITP)?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day and welcome to CF Dom 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. LordMoolyBap

LordMoolyBap Nibble Poster

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I think becuase of my background and the kind of work I would be interested about in the future I have always aspired towards achieving professional Engineer status. At the moment I am doing handheld software development but previously the type of development work I did was for automating and extending Autodesk Inventor ect for technical and design depts so Engineering seems more relevant.

Saying that! I have thought about the CITP and when I spoke to the BCS they said that you can run both applications in parallel so I could always do that.

Dom

Certifications: HND (Comp) MBCS
    WIP: Msc Intelligent Systems
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool, one benefit that I'd like to bring up is that if you do get the IEng status, that fast tracks you for the GCGI which is comparable to a honours degree :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

Welcome

WIP: LIFE