Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by matt_harris, Sep 9, 2008.

1. matt_harris

matt_harris New Member

Hello everyone!

My name's Matt, 23. Studied German & Spanish at Uni,left after 2 years :(. So now I'm trying to find a decent career and I've always been fairly into computers, since the days of the ZX spectrum & Amiga! :D . I've seen a lot of IT and language jobs advertised that interest me, but I'm not really experienced in IT at all other than building my PC and trying to sort it out using the internet.

I'm interested in studying A+ & N+ at home, can anyone recommend the best books for doing this? and are there any centres in the York/Leeds area?

Look forward to getting a lot out of and hopefully contributing to the forum,
    Matt

2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and Welcome :D

For the A+ I would recommend:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Certificati...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220973883&sr=1-1

and from our own resident author:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PC-Technici...=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220973883&sr=1-8

Don't know about the N+ though.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums!

You can find appropriate information with regards to the A+ and the N+ in the relevant forum sections. :) It shoud contain all you need.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Matt - welcome!

Spanish and German are a couple of my languages also. I have got into some horrible sales jobs on the strength of my language skills but a couple of great IT jobs as well. I am trying to retrain at the moment in order to make sure I never have to go into Sales again!

Regards
    Rick

WIP: 70-271
  5. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

WIP: MCDST
  6. matt_harris

matt_harris New Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Saw so many of sales jobs advertised, though I don't think I would be too good at it! and since I didn't finish I couldn't apply for any of the graduate schemes anywhere (one of my mates who did graduate is in managment consulting!) I don't regret going, but I wish I had studied something else! Anyway I thought I would give IT a try!

7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Good luck with the studies

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Sorry BM :twisted::biggrin

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

But only one with a relevant A+ book.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Actually, there are at least 2. The famous Mike Meyers has a login here and has posted a few times.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  12. BosonMichael

Ah, make that FIVE authors. Well played. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to Cert Forums!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  14. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

I didn't know Mr Myers posted here...

Hi Mike :twisted:

15. BosonMichael

He rarely drops by. He has his own set of forums to deal with. :)

16. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Ahh of course, I might bring a book out and get my own forums!

"Naive's guide to stop dreaming & DIY" :twisted: