Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by carlozdre, Apr 26, 2008.

1. carlozdre

carlozdre New Member

Hello all,

My first post here, glad I've found you guys, it seems to be a great community.

I am not english and I am looking to take at least A+ and Network+ from CompTIA and after that some Microsoft certifications, I just realised this is the only way I can get a job in IT in UK since any certifications from my country doesn't help me at all.

I do have some IT experience, hardware & software, web design, etc; I am looking for something close to what I already know, but something who shouldn't put me in direct contact with the customers since my communication skills are not that good.

Chris

Certifications: Xpert (?!)
    WIP: A+
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. carlozdre

carlozdre New Member

Thank you.

One more thing: Given my experience, which one of these (MCDST and A+) is most known by employers? And which one is more difficult to pass? I've read a lot about A+ and I already bought 2 books from Amazon, just in case, but now I saw MCDST is the equivalent and I think I did a mistake being in such a hurry.

Certifications: Xpert (?!)
    WIP: A+
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd go for A+ first before anything else.

But if you are looking for a job then you would do better to emphasise your experience in IT - that will help more than certs will.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+