Hello!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jjrone, Mar 1, 2008.

1. jjrone

jjrone New Member

Hello everyone!!!

I live in Maryland, USA and am a Transport engineer for an ISP. I found this forum looking for some info on the Boson Ex-sim, as I am studying for my CCNA exam. My work focus has been primarily DWDM and SONET, but am more and more required to configure/troubleshoot 3560's, 2800's and 7600 series routers. I had my CCNA from 2001, but it expired and I actually didn't log into a Cisco box for about 4 years. Anyway, I have scheduled the exam for April, and will be cramming this month. After that, I plan to knock out the Routing exam for the CCNP by November...

This looks like a great community, and I hope to be a welcome addition!

jjr

Certifications: A+, Net+
    WIP: CCNA, CCNP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What info are you looking for? I might know a little something about Boson's ExSim Max for the CCNA... I hope so, anyway...

...I wrote it. :biggrin

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF! 8)

6. jjrone

jjrone New Member

Ahh...well, actually I was looking for the standard 'Transcender vs. Boson' info, for the 640-802. I have the Sybex book, as well as the Lammle 'Fast Pass', but would feel more comfortable with another test engine prior to sitting for the test. As I mentioned, I haven't had a lot of recent experience, and find that reading, then labwork and then multiple test scenarios has proven to be what works for me. Also, I didn't realize that there was a similar Cert site in the US, so feel a little foolish for not looking more thoroughly before joining the UK one. But, I do believe in broadening my horizons so to speak, and have a few friends 'across the pond' that I met playing CodUO, so I think I'll stay a member of this site too. That being said...is there an compelling argument for one vs the other (Transcender/Boson)? Which one provides more actual questions? Are both 'adaptive'?

Please advise, and thanks for all of the welcomes!!!

jjr

jjr

7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. BosonMichael

Why don't you download the demos for each and judge for yourself?

Although I used to work for Transcender, I have no idea how good (or bad) their 640-802 product is.

More is not always better. I'd rather have fewer questions that I can trust to be right than more questions that might be wrong. All that said, they have approximately the same number of simulation exam questions (321 vs. 330).

To my knowledge, neither vendor's product is adaptive. But that's fine - the CCNA isn't adaptive either.

Again, your best bet is to download demos and see which one you prefer... which one has the best features, the best questions, the best explanations. The only advantage I can guarantee regarding Transcender vs. Boson is this: with Boson, you know where the author can be found. ;)

Best of luck! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. jjrone

jjrone New Member

Michael...

I have downloaded the Boson demo...one question, for some reason I was only able to pull up one question? Perhaps I hosed the install? Anyway, I will try the Transcender demo today as well. Further posts I'll take out of this forum, thanks for the response...

jjr

10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums… :sunny
    Best of luck with the CCNA.

12. BosonMichael

No idea... there should be 12 questions in the 640-802 ExSim-Max for CCNA demo. Could you explain to me how you're starting the exam? Perhaps you've got a custom setting where you're only seeing questions from one section...

13. jjrone

jjrone New Member

Ok...I got it...I must have had a setting wrong. Thanks!!!

I'll let you know how it goes...

jjr

14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685