Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mohitshiva, Sep 6, 2007.

1. mohitshiva

mohitshiva New Member

Hello CF members, I was looking for some info on certifications and google brought me to this website so i decided to join looks really nice. I am currently working on a CCNA, A+, and Comp TIA. only my Second year got long ways to go :D

WIP: CCNA, A+, CompTIA Security
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings and welcome to CF. Are you working on the certs in the order that you gave them?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :) !

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. mohitshiva

mohitshiva New Member

Actually my college Advisor has me working on CCNA and CompTIA both together this year (my advisor is also my professor for both classes), and my very first sem. I passed my A+ class. I just haven't taken the test cuz I dont think i am ready yet.

I am still new, Is there a order in which I am suppose to going by? If there is please let me know.

5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi there - your order should be A+, S+ then CCNA but the jump from S+ to Cisco will be painful! Really you should be looking at taking the N+ before the CCNA...at least you'll then have some idea of what SOME of the terms etc mean!

As for your A+, well get the exam done as soon as, because before you know it a year or two will of passed by!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. mohitshiva

mohitshiva New Member

Ok, ty, see my "advisor":rolleyes: didn't tell me all that, he just put me in the core classes from the beginning. First sem. of my first year in college I had CCNA -1, A+, Windows Server 2003, and XP Pro. and second Sem. I had Linux Security, Wireless Fundamentals, and math. right now i have CCNA's new curriculum, CWNA, Comp TIA, Project Managment.