hello + what after mcdst

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by ThomasTheCrazyFool, Jun 19, 2006.

1. ThomasTheCrazyFool

ThomasTheCrazyFool Bit Poster

hello 2 everybody, as u can probs tell im new on these forums!

im currently studying for my mcdst an i was just wonderin if any1 can help me, the career i want is fixing/managing computers, software mostly, not really hardware, but face to face or on my own more than over the phone, i have no experiance in IT at all (im 17 years old) and i was just wondering if any1 can advise any certs i can take in the future after the mcdst which wud help me.

for anyone replyin thanks alot in advance

WIP: MCP Then MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi ThomasTheCrazyFool

The A+, then maybe the Network+ and/or Linux+.

Other certs like Server+, MCSA/E, etc would be when you move up the "ranks".

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. ThomasTheCrazyFool

ThomasTheCrazyFool Bit Poster

thanks alot wagnerk

WIP: MCP Then MCDST
  4. SvenGoranEccleson

SvenGoranEccleson Bit Poster

Hello all, from Glasgow UK, just passed my 70-272 to complete my MCDST...beers all round, scored 918 which I was surprised at, didnt find the exam too difficult, infact 70-271 was far harder, in my opinion.

Question, what now? I was looking at doing my MCSA, I have been working desktop support for a few years now. Have had a quick scoot at the M$ website and it appears that to gain my MCSA I have to do a further 3 exams, 70-270, 70-290,70-291 as the MCDST counts as an elective...

Can anyone confirm/deny the rumours :p

Anyways, hello to all out there!

Certifications: MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yes its an elective for MCSA... btw you might want to pop into the new members and introduce yourself properly so everyone can say hi!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics