Hello to all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by pembopaul, Jan 3, 2010.

1. pembopaul

pembopaul New Member

Hello to all at CF. I am new to this forum, actually new to any forum any where. I am currently looking at a career move from being a butcher to a job in web design.. I Have good knowledge of HTML, CSS and a basic understanding of JAVASCRIPT. could any body give me any advise on what is best to learn next . Any help would be great

Certifications: none
    WIP: none
  2. rozerdom

rozerdom New Member

Hi....Grand welcome to Cert forums. Hope you would enjoy your stay here.

3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Hi, and welcome!

Are you more interest in the design side of things or development (pretty or functional)? If you would rather spend your time working behind the scenes then I'd say take look at one of the server side languages (PHP, Asp.NET etc).

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. pembopaul

pembopaul New Member

Thanks for advice . I Think I will be taking a look at a one of the server side scripting languages . Start with php and see how it goes. thanks..

Certifications: none
    WIP: none
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

I can't reccomend anything as that is not my area, but welcome aboard! I'm sure you will get some great suggestions from those in the know!:D

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE