hello people

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by rsmithone, Jun 23, 2010.

1. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

hi all new person here studying my a+ think ive made a big mistake as im with computeach but i will soon find out lol

WIP: comptia a+
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi wlecome to CF, how much they charging you to do your A+ through them (if you don't mind me asking). Only asking because I was gonna do it through a training provider but decided to self-study instead.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

hi 1600 pound you get some other stuff with you but fair play to self study as thats what im doing anyway there 2 books you get and skillport e learning helped me to fail my exam after getting 100 percent from them in my mock exams so ive brought myself mike myers all in one a exam cram cd and visit pro messers site to. oh by the way i think the exam to sit is 95 pound ive found out so 1500 pound for 2 books how rude there not even gold plated lol

6. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

hello everyone

7. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Self-Study the way to go!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  8. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

i agree yes it is mate i cant see where they get there prices from as you dont even get so much as a weekly phone call from a tutor its a joke never use any one again just teach myself

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

everyone has to make money, thats why they charge so much and thats why a lot of people on here self study because of cost.

The A+ exams are £114 + VAT each but you can get discount vouchers from www.gracetechsolutions.com which you dont pay VAT on and you get a small discount. If I remember correctly when I did mine it was £111 each for the vouchers from gracetech.

When you get the voucher codes 24 hours after buying them you use them on the pearsonvue website instead of your credit card. Just make sure you buy the international versions unless you live in canada or the US.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Welcome. It looks like you've got some good material to work with now. You might also check out ProProfs.com for example exams and study material that users have submitted. Not sure about the quality for the A+ because I mostly used other stuff for my A+ and A+ bridge exams so "buyer beware" but at least give it a look! The more you look at the better BUT stay away from the "braindumps". Go to Certguard.com and check out a site or reference before getting it!

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  12. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

ok thanks for the advice

13. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

thanks for the info i will look into gracetech thank you