Hello peeps

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Jackpike, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Jackpike

Jackpike New Member

Hi everyone my name is Gary and I live in the Northwest My first computer was a Sinclair Spectrum 16k in 1983 those were the days . I am looking to gain the MSCE but not sure where to start I cannot afford the online training schools so most of my studies will be at home with books . I have looked on the Microsoft site but that is clear as mud to where to start so has anyone any tips to where to begin :dunce

2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

first things first, do a search of this forum. This topic has came up many times so you'll be able to get a load of info from there first. After that post back here if you have any questions and there'll be plenty peeps here with some answers.

Other than that maybe post back here with your experience level/any certs you already have will help peopl advise you where to start.

Welcome.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Jackpike

Jackpike New Member

Thanks I will do ,I have only web design certificates but built a lot of computers in the past

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The MCSE is designed for people with a year of server administration experience, not someone looking to get started in IT. What you need are some solid, entry-level certifications, such as the A+, Network+, and MCDST.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!