Hello peeps! Another new girl...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by redredpoppy, Oct 25, 2007.

1. redredpoppy

redredpoppy New Member

Hi,
    Just came across this site and it's helped me loads as I'm studying towards my first MCP (70-270.) I especially like the info about what brain dumps are, I really wouldn't have known otherwise, I just thought that these sites were just other places to buy study material. Shame on the guy that recommended the brain dump place, he's my collegue in the IT department where I work!
    Nice to be here!

WIP: MCP
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :) I was another new IT bod 18 months ago who didn't know what a braindump was either! Your not alone :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. redredpoppy

redredpoppy New Member

Thanks, it seems that the BD theme is quite popular here. At the moment I'm just studying with a MS book. And doing all the usual at work which most of the time matches up.

4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

If your colleague has brain dumped his way into a job, he'll get found out soon enough.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. shadybrady

shadybrady Bit Poster

Welcome to the community.. looks like you are studying the right way with the MS books and working through stuff at work.

If you do a search you can find excellent pinned topics on study techniques and setting aside study time to work towards certification.

On the topic of braindumps the issue is not necessarily that they are forbidden/scorned essentially, but its more to do with the fact that people use them to learn the answers to questions without knowing the reason why.

Basically learning that the answer is B for a question isn't going to help you in the real world if you have an Active Directory problem that needs attention. This main issue is that braindumps can lead to a devaluation of certifications and can lead to what's know as 'paper MCSE' qualified techies who have just learnt the answer pattern without having the knowledge.

Braindumps can be useful for questions if you are willing to then reference why the answer is B and then study that topic, however many braindumps are dumps of existing exam questions so in reality can be seen as 'cheating'.

I suppose it depends on what you wish to use them for but really you can get buy transcender is a much better way of testing your knowledge.

Shady

Certifications: BSc. Hons, MCP 70-210
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, MCTS / MCITP
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D and hope to see more of you around.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

Nice to have another female around the place - good luck with your studies. It certainly looks like you're going about things the right way. I hope you enjoy the forums.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF, glad you joined :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

welcome to the forums :)

where do work, what do you do ?

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  10. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I'm sorry to say, but braindumps ARE forbidden. They are actual examquestion stolen from MS or the examcenter. This is violating the Non disclosure agreement and therefor illegal. You actually have to sign not not to give away information on actual questions.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  11. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Hello & welcome

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. There is absolutely no justification for using braindumps. Doing what you suggest enables you to "study to the exam". It's no different than stealing a professor's final exam from his or her desk and then studying ONLY those topics. What's not on the exam... you simply don't have to study for. For example, you might learn how to do the one or two specific things that are tested on regarding AD (or DNS, or DHCP)... but not all the others. Thus, using braindumps in this way enables you to pass before you know what a "certified individual" should know in the real world... and it's STILL cheating.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. BosonMichael

Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear that you have "seen the light" regarding braindumps. Now, tell the guy who recommended braindumps to you... perhaps he doesn't know the truth about them! Using them can get you decertified for life... it's just not worth it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  14. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I know this one! Next line is: "O mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go. Beelzebub has a devil put aside for mehehe, for mehehe, for meeeeeeeeeeeeee" Rambadabadabadam ta rambadabadabadam, Rambadabadabadam ta rambadabadabadam, rabada rabada rabada.... :biggrin :biggrin

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  15. BosonMichael

:rocks:rocks:rocks:rocks

[​IMG]

16. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Glad to see you have seen the sense to steer clear of brain dumps.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  17. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Best thread-jack I've seen in a while !!! :biggrin

EDIT: Sorry - welcome redredpoppy - hope we can help :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  18. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Welcome to CF...

Remember, when there thinking about BD, thing about this

19. redredpoppy

redredpoppy New Member

Hi there, I work in college doing support. I've been mainly doing desktop stuff but now getting more involved in more complicated networking and server stuff. So need to get some qualifications to help me!

20. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Welcome! :D

Sounds like you have an interesting job!! You've certainly come to the right place for exam and career guidance!!

Lee

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE