Hello newbie here

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by kevin99kevin99, Oct 17, 2006.

1. kevin99kevin99

kevin99kevin99 New Member

Im currently looking for some help and advise on where to start on the mcsa course. I have recieved some learnkey cds but that is all and would love any bodys help and advice on how to get through the course and the best books and training material you may have used.

2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey Kevin, Welcome to CF and I hope you enjoy your stay. This place will definitly be a great big help, and if you got any questions ask away cause thats why we are all here.

Good Luck buddy with your studies, etc.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to amityville :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi Kevin and welcome to CF.

My advice, start at the beginning, treat MCSA one hurdle at a time. So forget the MCSA and focus on getting an MCP in XP Exam 70-270. It's an enjoyable subject and very doable with plenty of hands on, the Internet (technet, KB articles etc), this site for specific questions and a one or two good books. Check the relevant forum for recommendations on books.

The rest will follow one by one.

Another way is to go for the vendor neutral CompTIA A+ and Net+ these are two globally recognised certifications which together also count as an elective for Microsoft's MCSA. That means you can attain MCSA with three Microsoft exams and the A+ Net+.

All is good hey 8)

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)