Hello! I'm new.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by MatD, Jan 27, 2009.

1. MatD

MatD Bit Poster

Hi Guys!

I'm new!

I currently work with Blackberry's in a 2nd line capacity but I really want to get my MCDST to move into the MSCE territory.

How long do you suggest it takes to complete the MCDST as a self study course? I have a lot of patience and would love to get it as soon as possible but I wondered how long people on average study towards it?

Thanks!

WIP: MCDST pt. 1
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Mat and welcome to CF:), well to be honest it all depends on the amount of time you have on your hands and plus how much practical hands on experience you have.

I have read post on this site where people have completed an MS cert in exam in a space of two months. I personally am currently aiming to finish my MCSE 2003 this year but owing to work and family commitment am finding it a huge challenge.

However, with a lot of hard work and dedication anything is possible if you put your heart to it and set yourself a time frame. Best wishes and cheerio:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... it takes as long as it takes. Might take you a week... might take you a year. Ultimately, what is important is getting a solid understanding of the concepts, regardless of how long it takes you. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

I agree with what's been said, how long it takes is totally up to you...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA