Hello hello ! : )

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by secondchance, Aug 20, 2007.

1. secondchance

secondchance New Member

Hello !

It's my first post in this great forum. My first post but not my first time here. I've been wandering around the forum and i decided it's time to introduce myself and make some questions. : )

I'm Tiago. A 19 years old Portuguese dude. I'm moving to the UK in one month when i finish my driving license. I'm and i've allways been in love with the IT world. I was a bit lost to what i should do with my future and recently i found the world of Certifications.

I've come to the conclusion that the first Certifications one should get is the CompTIA A+ and CompTIA NETWORK +.

Well... Since my first job, or my first couple of jobs in the UK are going to be in MacDonalds or something along that lines i was wondering if after i get the CompTIA Certifications mentioned above i could get a better job (in the world of IT, offcourse) ??

Another thing... I'm really into networks, and i was also wondering what necesseraly do i need to be a sys admin ?

From what i can tell, i would say... A MCSE and a MCSA ? Or maybe a CCNA and a CCNP ? Or both ?

Thanks in advance. : )

2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & Welcome, sounds like a plan getting the A+ & N+ first of all and see where you go :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome

get the A+ and N+ first as Ken says then you will have a better understanding of which route to follow after that

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you want to get into IT, start looking for an entry-level IT job *now*. Don't wait until you've got the certifications... start now. Getting your foot in the door is probably the hardest thing you'll ever do in IT. Certifications will HELP you get a job... but they won't GET you the job.

While applying for entry-level tech jobs, start studying for the A+ exams, and pass them when you're ready. You should be able to get an entry-level job and start building experience before you pass the Network+ exam.

After you've gotten your first tech job, build up experience. Continue to get certifications that correspond with your experience level - it does no good to get extremely advanced certifications without the experience to back it up, because employers won't hire on the basis of certification alone... they want to see that experience. After you've got that experience, you'll be able to move into jobs with more responsibilities... and higher salaries.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. secondchance

secondchance New Member

Thank, and thank you for the advices. : )

8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF ! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012