Hello, Guten Tag, Bonjour, Ciao...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by MultipleChoice, Apr 28, 2014.

1. MultipleChoice

MultipleChoice New Member

Hi all,

I'm new around these parts. Looking to start getting some certs under my belt and came across this place.
    I am a Support Desk / Deskside support technician (if you can call it that) based in London and looking at doing a few certs over the next 12 to 24 months.

I am in the process of setting up a home lab based on VMWare with some Windows servers and looking at doing an ITIL V3 home study course, as well as some MS Certs and Cisco Certs.

Any advice anyone can offer me will be greatly appreciated as I take my first steps to backing up my career, of which I have been doing for nearly 17 years.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi and welcome to CF :)

Just take it easy and ease yourself into the studying and exam taking, which is "slightly" different from on the job training to meet a specific need.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. MultipleChoice

MultipleChoice New Member

Thanks guys.

Im doing the ITIL Studying at the moment. Taken the plunge with a CCENT / CCNA as well so setting up a home lab for it.