Hello from New Member

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dave_parki_uk, Sep 22, 2008.

1. dave_parki_uk

dave_parki_uk New Member

Hi all,

Just signed up today after stumbling across the forum whilst looking for some information on the MCSE.

I am currently studying for my MCSE, i started mid july and so far its been a slow start trying to find the time to get the reading/revision in but at the moment about 70% through 70-290, should be ready for a mok exam soon and then hopefully the full exam. Im a little apprehensive to what it might be like, reading the server forum last night and it says about simulations which so far i havent experienced.

Also hopefully going to start MSNing a few people that are just starting, should be nice to talk to people in the same boat as me.

Anyway, enough talking and more reading :biggrin

Dave

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome :D

How much IT experience do you already have?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums...

7. dave_parki_uk

dave_parki_uk New Member

Been working with computers since i was small however commercial experience in IT is just over 1 year. I work at a small software company with max 20 staff at the moment. Mainly as tech support for our external clients but also as network/it admin internally.

8. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to Cert Forums!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  9. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  10. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Hello and welcome to the forum. Good luck with the revision and the exam too.

Do you have a home lab to practice on? If so give us some specs. please!

Certifications: MCSA, MCDST, ITIL v3 F
    WIP: 70-293
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. dave_parki_uk

dave_parki_uk New Member

Nothing at home currently, however at work i have got a Windows Server 2003 Virtual Machine, a windows 2000 professional virtual machine (hopefully to be an xp machine soon).

Although i have arranged to do my revision at home i will be moving these virtual machines to my desktop at home so i can practise.

13. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Thats kewl Dave - I'm sure you'll be updating your profile with your success real soon and this sure is the place to get some genuine help and advice to achieve your goals. Everyone's so friendly!

Peace

Madz

Certifications: MCSA, MCDST, ITIL v3 F
    WIP: 70-293
  14. dave_parki_uk

dave_parki_uk New Member

Thanks, started setting up the lab yesterday but quickly ran out of memory. Also working out the vmware network adapters is a bit of a pain. :rolleyes: