Hello Everybody

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by bnishant10, Apr 30, 2011.

1. bnishant10

bnishant10 New Member

My Name is Nishant Bang & i am from Bangalore, India. My age is 25 Years. I am in the IT industry from last 5 Years & currently working as IT Asset Coordinator. i am very fond of working as technical person & rectifying the tecnical problem in the laptop or in the application.

I am really tired with my current profile :( & i want to change my profile. As concern with my education part i am not much qualified & wherever i am tring to get the job for technical profile they ae offering the job of IT Asset Management. i have discussed this problem with my current Manager & asked her to change my profile in Technical, but she replied me that i have to complete some technical education like MCP, MCSE or CCNA so that she can transfered me to tech team. which i want to do earlier. But i dont know how to plan for this with my job as both very important for my life.

Can you pls advise me how should i shedule all the examination so that i dont have to leave my job & i can transfer in tech team & i can climb the stairs where i wanted to go.

I am aware that MCSE is having the 7 Paper & CCNA have 1 Paper so can you guide me how much of time it will take to complete one-one paper & how many hours i have to invest in the day or in a week for completing all this & how much money i have to invest for this.

if you can help me with nice online program where i can read the notes & have the visual knwledge then it will be really nice of you as i wont be able to attend the class bcoz of my office.

waiting for you kind revert

Thanks for reading this mail & understanding my problem

Regards,
    Nishant Bang
    +91 973 934 4044

2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF.

If you want to self study then:

The Microsoft certs can be found here: Microsoft Certifications | Certification Programs | IT Certifications

Test centre near you can be found here: Prometric Services: Testing and Assessment

You can buy the textbooks for most exams online. Help can also be found on these very forums.

Self study will be cheaper and you can study in your own time. The time spent revising for an exam will depend on your personal knowledge and experience.

For MCPs i would start with MCDST (this cert is due to expire in june). A+ and N+ are also good basic certs to start with. Once you have more knowledge and experience move on to MCSA, MCSE, CCNA etc

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP