Hello everybody at certforums

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by ayazahmed786, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ayazahmed786

ayazahmed786 New Member

Hello Everyone,

Nice to join a well established forums site.

I was looking on google for a forum site and I found this one, which is great!

I will start by tell you all about my IT experience and what i think i'm looking for in IT.

In college i did a BTEC National in Computing acheived a merit for this. After college i went straight into a job at a law firm and slowly got involved in the IT systems. I provided support to staff, very basic maintence on windows server 2003, installation on new rams and hard drive and other bits and peices.

After working for the firm i left in 2008 due to the credit cruch and now i am at another law firm as a facilities assistant.

I am looking to get back into IT but im not sure what path to take. I have been adviced that i should take the 70-270 and 70-290 exams but what would that give me? Would i be able to apply for IT jobs straight away and if so would this be 1st line IT support?

**PS i am wasting away in my current job, it is just sooo boring! lol

could someone kind enough please advice

Many Thanks

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

I would say look at the following exams: A+, Network+, MCDST (70-271 & 70-272) and maybe the 70-620.

If you only have basic knowledge.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. ayazahmed786

ayazahmed786 New Member

Thanks wagnerk for your reply.

Could you possible advice where i could get this course material from?

4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF:), you might also want to try and obtain the MCDST. If you work hard and put your mind to it then you can make it. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. ayazahmed786

ayazahmed786 New Member

Thanks for the kind advice onoski. Would you know where i could get some training material from? any recommendations?

6. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

The MS press books are normally pretty good as are the Sybex ones. As for where - Amazon/Waterstones/Ebay where ever you like.

Good luck.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome! I would agree that A+, Network+ and MCDST are good starting points for you.

8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yeah, I agree, MSPress books and Sybex books are really good for the MCDST :)

If cost is an issue, your local library may be able to get hold of a copy for you :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. ayazahmed786

ayazahmed786 New Member

great! Thanks guys for you advice. Very much appreciated!:biggrin