Hello cf members

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Calagar, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Calagar

Calagar New Member

Hi my name is Adam im 23 years old. A few years ago i was study IT but i have to stop it. Now im working like a Securiry officer but this job is not for me. So now i want to continue. I know i want to work in Netwok&Server Administration. So i want to ask its a good start to get A+ MCSA, ITIL, S+, N+, CCNP ?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Far too much, start with A+ and N+, possibly ITIL foundation, I won't recommend you do any more than that until you have proper experience in an IT environment. Then you can move on to the other Certs that you would like to pick up!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! Above is spot on! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF.

Start with the basics (A+ and N+) and progress from there. Its good to have a target but this may change as you progress through your education/career.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  5. Calagar

Calagar New Member

Well i have the basics i learn at Hungary i have a cert as well but here they don't want to accept it. So i have to start again really its not a problem its a good refreshment.

6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  8. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Welcome.
    I think the first advice is good. Get the basics covered, then go where life/career takes you. Someone I trained was convinced they wanted to do security: had it pretty clearly mapped out (N+, Sec+, CEH, go work for police/secret service/whatever...). Then got hired into a support/IT dogsbody job where they ended up spending a lot of time building a web-presence for the company. Last I heard, was studying various stuff based around webdesign and running their own LAMP webservers, and was eyeing up CIW or some kind of Linux certification.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  9. Calagar

Calagar New Member

Well thank you guys. I am starting this in from 7-Th of January and i will see how i like the things.