Hello CertForum members

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by kevndcks, Mar 4, 2010.

1. kevndcks

kevndcks Bit Poster

Hi to all,

Joined fairly recently but have been keeping an eye over the forum topics and the like.

Well my name is Kevin, recent B.Sc Hons graduate from Lancaster University in Network Engineering and Systems Administration, studied all the CCNA stuff and passed except for the final exam i havn't sat yet due to reasons (mainly not being over-certified/ qualified). However currently studying for a Network+ cert for now and might progress onto Security+ and A+ before end of this year so i have them for life :)

I have already worked as a network engineer but for a very small company on contract sometime back, but i am still yet to work in a IT career. I have been to interviews with high profile employees only to fall short due to experience, i even impressed Siemens with a bespoke Java port scanning tool which they wanted :). I hope one day to achieve a good few certs such as: Network+, A+, Security+, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, CCSP, CCSE, MCITP Server Administrator and Enterprise Server and maybe chuck in a CISSP and any Fortitude or ITIL whatever an employer might throw at me. I am quite the scholary individual type put simply folks 8) so yeah cool dudes!

As one of my mates would say about me, i am a network engineering junkie but a cool way-rad type. I would be the one you'd find wearing a t-shirt saying network engineer on the back for fun and the person who looked at getting a car registration plate with Cisco or i think i tried C1 SCO once.

You have to excuse the long introduction i am known for making things long :) my dissertation and projects have always exceeded word count, i just like to pretend i am an author writing away. :)

How do all anyhow.

P.s I didn't know using the letter "t-" combined with "shirt" is listed as bad, the board censored it.

Kevin.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Welcome

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

t-shirt? shouldnt be. you sure you didnt miss the r?

Welcome to the forum

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF!

6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi and welcome. Good luck with your studies. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  8. kevndcks

kevndcks Bit Poster

Hello SimonD, Fergal1982, Ken, GiddyG, Wizard and Jim greetings to you all.

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!