Hello And Intro

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Phil81, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Phil81

Phil81 New Member

Hi all

I was looking itno certs and like many found this gold nugget of a site, goto love google!!

Anyway a little about me:live in Lancashire, work at Waterstones, love football (liverpool fan, go easy), reading, films and all things tech

I have always wanted a career in I.T. but felt it would be tricky to get into with mo university pice of paper saying I could :dry. But then I was told of certs you could do that could maybe help open that first door, so thats what brings me here.

I have had a look around and decide to go for the new grass roots CompTIA Strata to start me off, then hope to move onwards and upwards from there, right now Hardware and Networking really appeal to me, but I hope through studying and doing the certs I will get hooked on a certain aspect of I.T. and go down that path.

Anyway see you all around :)

WIP: CompTIA Strata
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum Phil :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Danshand

Danshand Nibble Poster

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your IT studying, if you get stuck your always welcome to ask for advice.

Certifications: Many.
    WIP: MCITP, ITIL
  5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security