Hello and help needed hence name... Joskos trouble

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Struggling_Student, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Struggling_Student

Struggling_Student New Member

Am on the Joskos course seemed to be good at first now feelign abandoned and strugglin on own with the repeated give your name and email and someone will get back to you fob off.

Finding that whilst the classes seemed good for what they tught they did not teach even half of what was needed and then you are on your own, and having gone though the test king questions at a loss and need to get back in classes to get through server.

Just now very worried about reports on IT training companies and their job guarantees.

Whats known about Joskos?

www.joskos.com

getting things like after the first two courses the others are few and far between. The self study computers are crap and only hold test king acrobat files not even networked up...

Paid the option 3 £6250 with the laptop and book only its a real struggle to read on your own and make things go in and already taken the server class twice.

Does not help that none of the students mix socailly or to study.

Seems many students are getting nowhere... then apparently you have to wait for work experience which takes 3 months then wait up to another 3 months to get your job, thats 6 months no work at all

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

...snip

Sorry - are you actually suggesting that this company has TestKing files as 'official study materials'?

Seriously?

You and I need to talk... PM me and we'll have a chat about TestKing...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Struggling_Student

Struggling_Student New Member

Whats PM mean?

You get one of their folders for a course, Official joskos training and if you pay the extra for option 3 you get an

Exam Cram2 book per mcp module

I have the 70-270 windows xp professional and the sever 70 -290.

They then suggest after the one week course (one for xp pro (i did the exam) and one week for server that you use the test king and transender test questions to learn from and practice with... .

thats it other then I managed to retake the courses but not getting on them again and especailly not on the workshop I have requested...

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

PM = Private Message - a notification should have popped up as I've just sent you one

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I am sure Zeb will enlighten you S_S - welcome to the forum!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF!

Good luck in your studies, now that I'm sure Zeb has told you all about how nasty BD's are.

Any help or advice needed then just shout up, thats what we're here for.

:biggrin

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF. Sounds like you've wasted £6k.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. Urban Pauper

Urban Pauper Bit Poster

HI,

Joskos are notorious for tipping the odds against their students, I'm afraid. They've been censured for lying in their advertising and are under investigation by the Advertising Standards Authority for offering job guarantees. Here's a board I've been watching - read it and should have all the information you need to take action for a refund.

The old adage stands... if it's too god to be true, then it probably is!

Chin up, though... some companies are charging £10K for certifications these days, I've heard... so you could have been even worse off than you are!

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-623...sageID=2099946

9. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Ooooh surprise, surprise!

I've made numerous posts on this subject, saying that JK use braindumps (namely TK) and the only thing people do on the lab computers is memorize braindumps. I'm glad I'm being heard...not.

::edit:: Actually my recent posts on JK have been deleted...

Oh and Zeb, I've emailed MS about it already long ago...don't expect them to do anything more about that than they're doing about the proliferation of Bdumps.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  10. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Any idea what the posts were called _omni_? Will investigate. 8)

11. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

No. I know I've posted several times about them in the past few months, but when I search for all the posts by my name with the word "joskos" I only get a few results, and then those posts are just general.

I know that the most recent post I made about them must have been within the last month or two, a long enough post, detailing all the bad stuff about them and giving an overall picture of how they operate. Maybe that's why it was removed. It must have been a thread about JK, as I remember there were other people posting about their experiences with them.

12. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  13. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Nope, the post I'm thinking of is at least 5 times as long as those posts. And more recent.

14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I think this is the missing post, the thread got binned because of the other spamming posts, so I have taken the liberty of resurrecting this part.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. foo

foo New Member

I am sure that a lot of good things can be said about some IT training providers but not so many about joskos.
    After my initial 5 months of training and my payment to them of a substantial amount of money things started to go downhill. The waiting period between lectures would most of the time exceed a month by which time I would have studied enough at home for me to be ready for my next MCSE exams. When confronting them with their riducoulisly long waiting periods they would reply by saying that they couldn’t run lectures unless they had enough student to fill their classroom. I guess it wouldn’t be that cost effective otherwise, right?
    It seemed almost impossible to reach any of them and ask for help, they where all either off sick or on vacation and sometimes even just too busy to take your call; and you better forget about them calling you back , no chance of that either. The only way for you to get anywhere would be for you to go down there and spend about half an hour trying to explain to their Japanese speaking receptionist what you wanted.
    In a lot of cases I would be given the wrong information. In one instance I was given the wrong expiry date of my training and then had to try and convince their other staff about what I was told and by who.
    Joskos where so defiant toward my problems that at some point I even started to question my own rationality but was put at ease when meeting up with some of their other student that had the same issues.

16. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums... and my condolences go out to you for having a shady training company make away with your money.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  17. The Cuban Linx

The Cuban Linx New Member

Not going go into details but I was going through what you're going through. Some of these trading providers take the p***. You went out of your way with intentions of making your job prospects better and getting a career within IT. Somebody needs to do something about this. Ever considered Trading Standards. Hope it works out for you mate.

Certifications: MCP/MCSA/MCSE in Windows 2000/2003
  18. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

This thread is nearly 5 years old and the OP hasn't posted since then.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  19. The Cuban Linx

The Cuban Linx New Member

My apologies.

Certifications: MCP/MCSA/MCSE in Windows 2000/2003