hello an other newbie

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cheekynanard, Jun 25, 2007.

1. cheekynanard

cheekynanard New Member

hi everyone,

i am thinking to start the compTIA A+ and N+ i hope it will be good. however i think i am a bit too late. i am about to finish a Bsc hons with Ou not related with computing and i think i did a mistake oh dear me!! nevermind lol!! i love mny degree but not real prospect of employment too abstract however i am facsinating by computer and i hope i will find my niche soon . anyway any advice will be welcome. by own experience i learnhow to fix them by own due to a number of teething problem and i enjoyed it . however is there a real difference in training between IT or Computing? it seesm that each university make a differnce about it and if yes it is different from comptia A+ i am intersting in network and programming ? any advice will be appreciated. thank you

2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey cheekynanard,

If you want to start in IT A+ and N+ are definitly good to start with. They will give you a good foundation to grow and expand your skills in what ever you you like.

Also I went to school for computers and I love my job, but aside from computers I am studying business as my ultimate goal is to combine IT with business as those two are my passion and hopefully eventually be self employed, or have a nice and high position in a company.

With the Bsc and the IT education that you can have is a great because it will open up a lot of doors for you eventually you'll.

Anyways good luck with the studies and hope you do well.

Also there are great stickies on this site talkin all about A+ and N+ and even special sections for Comptia, etc.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Good to meet ya.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  6. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Hello:D

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  7. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Bit Poster

8) Hi there and welcome. Good luck in your training. 8)

WIP: CIW1D0-510, CIW1D0-520, CIW1D0-525
  10. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome to CF!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  11. cheekynanard

cheekynanard New Member

i would liketo thank everyone i was about to sign a loan with computeach until i realized i could do self study . it soes save me a lot of money i amstudying with mike myers sixth editions which is very exhaustive and very iunderstable if i can said that lol thank you for your support.

12. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome to the forum :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?