Hello All!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by TekGlitch, Feb 19, 2016.

1. TekGlitch

TekGlitch Bit Poster

Hi Everyone.

Stumbled across this forum while looking up a certain Netcom Solutions.

Was made redundant in December last year coming from repairing a range of laptops and mobile phones for 13 years and was working on Apple iPhones and iPads as an iOS technician before the site closed.

I've always been into technology from a very early age and feel now is the time to look at pursuing a career in IT seeing as its a line of work with so much variety. Being 34 now is the time to make it happen.

I don't have any IT specific qualifications. I did an on the job ITQ apprenticeship in 2012 but that's about it and have done numerous training courses for certain laptop manufactures.

This appears to be a great source of advice and information about certifications and the IT job industry and getting a foot in the so call door.

Thanks

TekGlitch

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to certforums, with your experience you probably dont need any certs you should try to apply for a first-line roll. If you really wanted a cert possibly go for CompTIA A+ just to add something to your CV.

3. TekGlitch

TekGlitch Bit Poster

Thanks for the welcome Juelz!
    Funnily enough just this morning I received a letter inviting me to an interview for a position as IT Support Analyst at a local college. CompTIA A+ is something I've been looking at recently so its certainly something I will do.

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

That's great news! I'm not surprised you've got an interview you are definitely qualified for a first-line role, I work in first-line/second-line and had 0 previous experience just enthusiasm. Let me know how the interview goes!