Hello All!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by drtau12, Sep 7, 2012.

1. drtau12

drtau12 New Member

I am just starting a serious education in IT. I have help jobs is4 desktop support, technical analysis, IT consulting, and systems administration. The main reason I am focusing on an IT career, is that it pays well and is a constant necessity in today's corporate world. My ultimate goal is to become a CIO and work with a company in leading the way in technological innovation. Granted that is just a simple dream that may some day come true. I am currently focusing on a degree as well as certifications and am constantly looking for new jobs and new experiences so I can boost my resume. So far my previous career in IT has been interesting and makes me realize that I need to specialize in at least one field. My skills are pretty diverse, from hardware replacement to a network setup. I have done it. The reason I am aiming to get my certifications, is to open new possibilities and horizons in my career. I currently work with engineers and do monitoring on sensors. The job is okay but not the glamorous sys admin position I hope to fill soon. Well, I am not sure what else to say. So I will end it here. I can't wait to see what kind of resource this forum will become for me.

Certifications: None yet
    WIP: CCNA, MSCE, A+
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

There are lots of great resources here, take a look at some of the sections on certifications, training and development, etc we have on here and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Also good luck on your studies!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome & good luck.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF, as been said. Have a good look around the main forums as you will find a great deal of information there.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...