Hello All.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Akaza, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Akaza

Akaza Bit Poster

Hello All,

After looking through the forum it looks like I need some help and direction and would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Im 23 and currently a Butcher, I want a career change and with IT its something I always wanted to do but never had got around to pursue.

With a little one on the way it has kicked my behind into gear and looking into the future.

I want to go into IT Technical support so I gain gain experience while broading my knowledge within the field, so one day I could start my own business in this area to business/households.

With the research I have done it would seem to do the CompTIA A+ Essentials with 220-602: IT Technician.

After this I would then be able to gain entry into a company to gain valued experience so that I can continue onto a MCDST.. If im correct? Allowing me to progress onto my career ladder giving me the knowlege to one day start my own Business.

I have looked into TrainingProviders and they all seem hugely overpriced, and im pretty sure that I could pass the A+ exams with self learning with "CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition" by Mike Meyers.

- Is this a good route to follow?
    - How much would it roughly cost?

Thanks for reading, I know its a long post and I thank you for taking time to read this and hope you can help me.

Thanks Again,
    Dan

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Welcome! I've only taken Security+ but I'm sure someone will advise you soon. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs