Hello 2 all!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Zawmer, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Zawmer

Zawmer New Member

Hi :)

Hi, i'm zawmer 22 years old guy, currently working as call center associate (CCA), in colombo, sri lanka.
    I always wanted to be a techie ever since i was small, i'm quite good with PC's and electronic stuff, and also wanted to work in the IT field, but guyz here in SL, its quite different than in UK or elsewhere. To get a basic job in IT, employers want at least one years of experience and the job market is also very tight over here.
    So guyz, i always wanted to do MCSE and get a good job in the IT field, please advice me guyz!!

Thank You

Zawmer 8)

2. domino0050

domino0050 New Member

i think obtaining the Comptia A+ and Comptia Network+ certifications would be best... as it lays the foundation that you need to break into and understand the fundamentals of IT if you have no prior experience

Certifications: A+ / Net+ / Sec+ / Server+ / CCNA
    WIP: MCSA / MCSE
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

I agree start off with the A+, Network+ and the MCDST/MCITP: CST and then see where you go from there :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Yes I agree; start with the A+, N+.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome agreed as above better start with A+

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  7. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Welcome! That doesn't sound so different than the rest of the world right now!!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  8. Zawmer

Zawmer New Member

hi, thank you everyone 4 ur valuable information, i really appreciate it :)
    Guyz, I am thinking of starting off with MCP (70 270) exam, and with regards to A+ and N+
    I did some research, and found the exam fee to be expensive. Also I have done a basic diploma in
    Networking and Hardware Engineering, and I think that knowledge will help me to get my MCP.
    So guyz, please advice me if this is ok, and I am also hoping to do self studies as this is very cost
    effective. Thanks for the tips and cheers ;)

9. Zawmer

Zawmer New Member

hy thanks domino and the others for ur valuable information, bt i am planning to start off with ms 70 270 exam, and i am also planning to self study as this will save me a lot of money. A+, N+ exams are quite expensive when compared to MS exams, so please guyz just let me know what u think about my idea.

Thank You and Cheers :)

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You'd be far better off pursuing the A+, Network+, and MCDST before embarking on an MCSA-level exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!