?hell yeah why not?

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by zxspectrum, Jan 8, 2006.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Right i hope im in the right place. I need to pick braind here. I have an idea for a website and have found the most easy way to create it , but what i need to know now is about domain names servers and how would i go about putting it up there so i can create revanue from it

Ps i know this wont be a new idea as millions of people do it but if i can make something of it then whoo hoo

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

You really need to give us more info about what exactly you are asking, zx. What do you want to do, how are you trying to do it, and what is it that you want the guys here to help you with ?

We thrive on details :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

First register/purchase a domain name and then choose a hosting company to host the site, or you could host it yourself if you wish.

Is that what you meant???

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

basically id love to know after i put my pages together ,how do i go about getting them up so people can find them when they look for certain sites. ill need advice on servers, i mean would i actually need one ?? and how would i set up people paying me and then getting the money to my acccount. Would i need a buisness account , and if thats the case then i reckon id have to pay tax on that etc. Thers a lot more than i thought but i reckon its well worth a go.

At the end of the day i want a site that people will go to and enjoy, and in the process id make money from it , even though there isnt always that promise. The site i have planned will be user friendly clolurfull but not tacky, pleasing to the eye so to speak .

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD