Having to delay N+ recertification

Discussion in 'Network+' started by greenbrucelee, Jul 29, 2010.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am having to delay my recertification due to my Mother being diagnosed with Parkinsons disease and MSA (something to do with brittle bones and muscle weakness) which seem pretty agressive at the moment. The Doctors and medical people are still trying to get the medication balance correct. So she is needing a lot of care to help her do things.

I was planning on doing the 70-270 before January as that is when my voucher expires. I seriousley doubt that I will be ready for it by January as I think it may be two months maybe even three before I can do the N+ recertification.

My question is what do I do about the voucher I have in the MS press book when it expires? Can I exchange it for a valid one or something?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

No idea on the voucher but thats some fairly heavy stuff to deal with, best of luck with it all mate, thoughts are with you.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. greenbrucelee

Cheers.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

As far as I understand, when the voucher expires, it expires. If they wanted it to have no expiration date on using it, they'd have done so. If you can't sell it (not sure if that's legal or not), I'd recommend using it to sit the exam whether you're ready for it or not. At the very least, you'll see what sort of things you will expect when you're ready for it the next go round.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. greenbrucelee

Might do that but I doubt I will have time otherwise I'd be taking the N+ again. Until things settle down I dont know when I will have any spare time to myself.

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

All you need is 2 hours for the exam and travel time to the testing center. But if you can't swing that, I guess there's nothing to be done.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. greenbrucelee

until the medication sorts her hand and leg tremors out theres nothing I can do, at the moment she cant turn a top on/off or open a bottle of milk and things like that and I cant exactly ask her to sit still and do nothing for 4 hours so I guess I'm stuck.

8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

It's a tough situation GBL and I am sorry to hear that! I wish you and your mom all the best! I am not sure if you can exchange it or not... You might have the possibility because you haven't used it, but I am sure with things like that it's pretty strict... But non the less I would still ask just to be sure.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

Is it the 15% voucher or a full exam?

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Take care, hope that the medicine balance get's achieved fast...

BTW, why are you recertifing with the N+? Is it a work requirement?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hope things work out.

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884