Having had 70-620

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by sniper, Sep 6, 2007.

1. sniper

sniper New Member

Hi all,

my question would be is it a good idea to take 70-622 after taking 70-620?

And should i wait for Windows 2008 server certification?

Clifford

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Makes perfect sense to me!

You have to wait for Windows Server 2008 certification... the exams aren't released yet.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I think he meant wait for the 2008 exams as opposed to studying for the 2003 Server exams... :p

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yes go for the 70-622.

As for waiting for the 2k8 exams, what environment are you currently working in?

Remember alot of companies are still running Window 2000 server/pro. In fact 2 large companies that I know actually still uses NT4 servers. It's up to you what exam route to do, but considering that 2k3 will still be mainstream for a good 5 years at least (Win2k came out in 1999 and is still in use now) and that there are 2k8 upgrades exams from 2k3. It may make sense to start the 2k3 route now, but that's just my opinion.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. BosonMichael

What he said. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. sniper

sniper New Member

hi

basically my company is using w2k3 server and they have vistas in the company already, they have relationship with M$ so i guess they would optin for w2k8 to be a lab rat.

If i start w2k3 certification, would it be difficult for me to upgrade it to w2k8?

Clifford

7. BosonMichael

I don't really know how to answer your question. It's difficult to take ANY exam that you don't know much about... and it's easy to take ANY exam that you know a lot about. Simple as that.

If you get certified on Windows Server 2003, you CAN upgrade your certification to Windows Server 2008. The difficulty is up to you.