Have a problem with my USB extension cable when using it with the 3G modem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boncabs, Nov 18, 2011.

1. boncabs

boncabs New Member

hello! I have a problem with my USB extension cable when using it with the 3G modem. My modem automatically disconnected on screen when i tried to connect to internet. but if i din't use USB extension it would connect to internet but the signal is weak. anyone canhelp to fix this problem? tnx..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like signal / hardware issue, you're best off calling your network provider for support with this.

Also, wrong forum to post in for something like this

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Thread moved, please introduce yourself in the New Members part of the forum.

As for your issue, if it works when you don't use the extension and fails when you do... Try another USB extension.

I've had usb extensions that have stopped working in the past.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I'm pretty certain that some usb cables are wired differently, I've got one or two that'll charge my phone only and not invoke the various connection dialogues when others do.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

same problem i have if i try and use a usb extender with my usb webcam pc doesnt see it

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  6. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

my phone wont charge with a usb extension lead

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  7. frankcastle

frankcastle Bit Poster

I hope you buy new cable which works perfectly because there are lots duplicate and unwarranted stuff available these days.
    hope you consider my advice.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: CCNA
  8. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Try using an USB Active Repeater Extension instead. The dongle may be drawing too much power through the standard USB Extension.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+