Has anyone seen

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, May 22, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Desperate Learner drivers school on Sky (Living channel)?

It's an Austrailian tv show, there are people who have been having driving lessons for 12 years :blink on the show. One person crashed on the last show, she was pulling into a parking space and pressed the acelerator fully and hit the high kerb on the pavement (sidewalk) and all the airbags in the car deployed :biggrin

Some of the people on the show just have confidence issues, some are just crap drivers, some shouldn't be anywhere near a car.

Quite a good show :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

A few years ago ITV had a similar show, it made a big star of one woman. Everytime she got in the car you could visibly see her husband shake in fear, yet he still got in to try to teach her!! Can't remeber the shows name or the womans, but i do remeber she was Welsh and lived in Cardiff. (Just thought, i think her name was Maureen??)

Its always fun to watch that sort of thing, but just remeber we were all learners at one point or another and made mistakes.
    I know id di when i learned to drive. had me dad in the car, had parked up at the side of the road on a back street while he popped in to see a friend. When we left, i pulled out slowly, but my foot slipped of teh clutch an i went full tilt into a car parked opposite! That was my first and only smash as a learner, and while it was stressful and scarty, it did teach me waht insurance is for!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  3. greenbrucelee

I remember that show. The woman was called Maureen.

On this show its completly different though, they give the people exercises and they are just useless. THere was a test on the show last night and in the test there was a row of 27 cones with 27 barrels on the outside of were the people were supposed to dive.

In the test a car ABS had been deactivated and they would have to drive at 80kph towards the cones, once they got around 20 yards away from the cones a sign would flash up saying which way they had to swerve, obviously brake too and the whole point was to not hit any cones or barrells.

One person just drove straight through without braking, one person nearly got it right and one person ended up slid side on into the barrells, smashing the side windows and cutting herself.

4. shannan319

shannan319 New Member

This show was know in Australia as Last Chance Learners... so if you want spoilers etc just try a web search for that name :)

5. greenbrucelee

were you in it, that top looks like the red team shirt :blink

6. shannan319

shannan319 New Member

Yes I was :)

7. greenbrucelee

Have you passed now?

8. shannan319

shannan319 New Member

9. greenbrucelee

10. johnnyblue

johnnyblue New Member

She's still going ole' Maureen. See her in Cardiff all the time, she's usually walking though (thank God!!) ha ha

Certifications: CompTIA A+
    WIP: MCDST/MCP
  11. shannan319

shannan319 New Member