has anyone heard of this company?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by adrian, Jan 14, 2010.

1. adrian

adrian Nibble Poster

got a job offer today from a company called dynamics IT (first result in google)

the thing is, i dont actually get teh job untill I complete the MCSA for which i have to pay them £250, and pay for the exams myself.
    If i get the cert within 3 months of paying them, I will have a garanteed job, if not they cant garantee it.
    They also say if i get it in the time and they dont get me a job they will refund the £250.

Now heres my questions -

firstly, has anyone heard about them before?

is this "you must buy our cert course before we give you a job" thing normal?

have you noticed that their speach changes from "we will give you a job" to "we will get you a job" - disturbs
    me somewhat that they cant say catagorically who will be employing me, but maybe they are just bad at grammer?

I will ring them tomorrow and try and get a few answers, I just wanted a few opinions about whether or not all this is normal or not :P

Certifications: A+ N+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Chances are they will find you a job miles away from where you live and therefore you cannot accept it. Then they have done what they have said they would do and you can’t complain.

Unfortunately there are no shortcuts in IT so you would be best to get some entry level certs and start applying for some jobs.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I would run away from a company that required me to buy anything from them before they'd hire me.

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Forget all about them. They sound like they're trying to sell you the old 'we're not a training provider, we're a recruitment company... but you have to complete the expensive training we provide you before we'll get you a job' routine. It is all, quite frankly, bollocks.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

There has been numerous thread topics of this sort in the past and quite frankly recently. I would adhere to the advise and stir clear of this company.

If you want to learn go the self study route, get the books and a CBT video plus a server box. Install VMWare Server or VirtualPC to get lab hands on practice experience, both software are free.

Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. adrian

adrian Nibble Poster

is it even possible to complete the MCSA in 3 months if im working on it full time?

7. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

looking at some others in this forum - yes - Qs, Darkstar, craigie - but they have a large amount of experience. For someone who isn't working knees and elbows deep in system administration I'd have to say "no" to your question.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  8. adrian

adrian Nibble Poster

humph - I was afraid of that, At this point I would just give up with the IT idea but its equally hard getting a job in any other profession so ill carry on regardless :P (not even tescos will have me as a shelf stacker :P )

9. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

Lol, Tesco will reject you because you are overqualified for stacking the shelves!
    Good luck.

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  10. adrian

adrian Nibble Poster

one last question - do microsoft provide official learning material for their exams or do they simply set the exams and nothing more?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Microsoft do have 'Official' material - usually found in classrooms.

No better or worse than anything else out there...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD