Has anyone done the A+ Certification 2009 Course (Mike Meyers)?

Discussion in 'A+' started by computerboyo, Apr 8, 2010.

1. computerboyo

computerboyo New Member

Hi guys,

Just finished uni and plan on eventually running my own little business, so I am currently practising for the CompTIA A+ Certification.

I know that there are many ways to study for this, self study, online courses, live courses etc. I was thinking of self study as this is the cheapest option, just to get a book from Amazon and then take the exam until I came across this guy called Mike Meyers. His videos are pretty sweet and he is a funny little guy sometimes.

His course is is basically $600 which is one of the cheapest I have seen, the others are £2100.

I just wanted some advice as to how you all went about doing it etc.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Dude, you really didn't bother searching here did you!!!

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. computerboyo

computerboyo New Member

Yes I already searched and a few posts came up about his book but nothing about his course.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

MOst people on here have self studied the A+. I don't think I have ever seen a post on here mentioning that they were doing the video course. Probably because ther is no point the book will suffice.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. computerboyo

computerboyo New Member

That's what I was thinking, just to get a book.

Do you know how much time you should give yourself to learn everything, even if you are from a IT background.

E.g. should you spend a few months or 6 months from getting the book to taking the exam?

Thanks.

6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

That's because you changed the title.

If I were you I would either look at the Trainsignal or CBTNuggets material if you want to do videos, failing that just getting the book should suffice.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I actually read the book 3 times and I did about 3-4 20 minute sessions a day.

Although I actually really enjoyed reading it but I am a bit of a geek when it comes to stuff like that.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?